Do you want to control as much as you can this year? Do you want to find as much balance as possible?
As we continue to face challenging circumstances, it helps to set a few goals and intentions — and the beginning of the year is just the time to do it.
Here are a few simple but effective ways to start 2021 off on the right track.
1. Budgeting. Building a budget is a financial cornerstone. Consider evaluating your spending, savings, and investments. Is your budget aligned with your short-term and long-term goals?
2. Fraud protection. Millions of identity theft and fraud crimes are committed every year. Take some time to learn how to protect yourself. For example, you can use a credit monitoring service to help you identify any suspicious activity on your credit report.
3. Life insurance. If you’ve been delaying signing up for a life insurance policy, 2021 might be the year to change that. Think about the peace of mind and protection this coverage could give you and your family.
4. Healthy living. Embracing healthy eating or a new exercise routine might not seem like a financial goal, but these changes could save you money in the long run by reducing your health care expenses.
5. Prepare for important deadlines. During busy times, deadlines can sneak up on you. Remember to prepare for:
- Tax season. Taxes may not be due until April, but organizing the necessary documentation in advance can make the process smoother and less stressful.
- Medicare. If you’re eligible for Medicare in 2021, it’s helpful to review the various deadlines, including initial enrollment, general enrollment, and Medicare Advantage enrollment.
Do you have questions about your coverage or is there anything else we can help with? If so, remember we are here for you! Speak with an iCan Agent by calling (800) 601-0543 or send us a contact request by clicking here.