If you’ve ever experienced a toothache, you know it’s important to have access to dental care when you need it. Dental insurance can help smooth out the costs of preventive care and necessary procedures. While most policies cap how much they’ll pay out each year, dental coverage is still a good investment for many people.
Here are the benefits you can expect from a typical policy.
- Preventive Care: Dental insurance can cover standard cleanings, exams, and X-rays up to 100% before your deductible, so you’ll pay nothing out of pocket. And prevention means you’re less likely to need expensive procedures later.
- Did you know? A dentist can detect diseases such as diabetes and leukemia. That means regular checkups can give you an extra opportunity to catch potentially serious health problems.
- Necessary Visits: When you visit an in-network dentist, you’ll pay a reduced fee for covered services such as fillings, root canals, and crowns after you meet your deductible. On top of that, your policy may pay part of the procedure fee if you haven’t yet reached your annual limit.
- Potential Procedures: Many policies have annual maximums of a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. If you need multiple crowns in one year, for example, you could still pay out of pocket — but less than if you weren’t insured.
- Cosmetic Services: Dental insurance doesn’t cover procedures such as teeth whitening. However, your savings on preventive care and other services can free up money to pay for additional visits.
Dental policies vary, but we can find the best one for your needs. Ready to get started?